The SFL Financial Education Challenge
At Set for Life Financial, we believe so strongly in the power of Financial Literacy, that in the coming months, we will be donating our online financial education program to 1,000 employees of participating Wyoming businesses!
We’re calling it the Set for Life Education Challenge and we want you to join us in the challenge to bring financial literacy to the citizens of the great state of Wyoming. Our first Challenge begins September 26, 2011.
Why call it a challenge?
A challenge means “a call or a summons to engage in a contest or skill”. Since when have Americans been afraid to compete? We’re all about competition. And for us to compete as a nation in the future, financial literacy is a challenge we need to accept—now!
What the challenge is—
The SFL educational Challenge is a turn-key program that brings financial LITERACY to anyone, anywhere, any time via the Internet. With today’s technology and interactive online media, there’s no reason for us to not become financially literate. With our award-winning online training program, financial literacy is just a click away.
What financial topics does the challenge cover?
The SFL Education Challenge offers dozens of courses that cover all the key knowledge areas needed to successfully manage ones finances, including:
- Getting Started with Saving and Investing
- Basics of Personal Finance
- Basics of Investing
- Basics of Investment Strategies
- Understanding Investment Risks
- Basics of Retirement Planning
- Investing in Mutual Funds
- Working with Financial Advisors
- Saving for College
- Tax Planning and Investing
What are the benefits?
The proof is in the pudding. Based on 10 years of research and development, our challenge curriculum was
recently put to the test in large-scale pilots involving 200+ employers and 10,000 participants nationwide
over the last 18 months. The pilot has demonstrated impressive participant results that include the following:
- Participants’ average knowledge rose by over 40% as documented through pre- and post-testing.
- Initial data shows that the program is having the intended positive impact on behavior, including increases in contributions to tax-deferred plans ranging from increases of between 8% and 50% among employer groups.
- Seventy percent of participants have stated that online education is their preferred form of education and over 90% have said they would recommend this program to others.
- In February 2010, the program was awarded the Governor’s Award for Financial Literacy in Wisconsin.
- The average cost per employee to deliver over 100,000 hours of financial education was less than 1/10th the estimated cost to provide similar levels of education using traditional models such as in-person efforts.
- The technology, content and methodology used provided far greater data to track results.
Based on our pilot tests, the SFL Education Challenge program is expected to show measurable improvements in attitudes and behavior consistent with and including:
- 30 to 40% improvement in participant knowledge as measured through pre- and post-testing at program and course level.
- As high as 50% improvement in desired attitudes and behaviors, such as: improved sense of financial confidence and well-being; clarification of investment goals in writing; understanding of risk tolerance; construction of a financial plan (or budget); establishment of an Emergency Fund; and start or increase contribution to a 401(K), IRA or equivalent.
The Challenge program provides quality, easy to understand, and easily accessible financial education at a low cost of administration.
What’s in it for YOU?
In a single word—PROFIT. If you’re a banker, you’ll profit from customers who save more money and pay their loans off on time. If you’re a businessman, financial-savvy consumers who have more money to spend is GOOD for business. And if you’re an everyday working American just trying to eek out a living, imagine how your life would be changed with a bigger savings account and a fat 401K!
Get smart. Get ahead. Accept the Challenge!
To sign up for the September 26th Challenge, contact us through our web form and an SFL representative will get back with you right away to sign you up.